Sunday, October 01, 2006

Vinsane day

Today I woke up at 5. went back to sleep. Woke up at 6.30 went back to sleep. Woke up at 8 got up went to the bathroom. Got myself dressed and crashed on the couch to read a slam mag.
Not content having read slam I logged onto wikipedia and looked up half the NBA league. I was determined to get my fucking game on today as next week I'm heading to camp to spread the earthsharing propaganda to impressionable young minds.
I'm getting sent a card in the mail to say you can trust me alone with your daughter. It even has my picture on it. Or rather it did have my picture on it.
But you see a lot happened after 11. For example, I walked to the servo and bought some mizone. You can take that to the bank. Then I rode into town. With no psyche up music because betsy my trusty ipod to my knowledge is still out of commission.
Then I cruized into Kicks101 I even looked at the sign above the door saying spacious apartment available ideal for student accomodation. I paused to contemplate how broke I would be if I was living above kicks101.
I cruised down and bought a new jersey for new jersey. No 15. Air fucking Canada which isn't really appropriate since you know he now plays for the NJ Nets.
I even threw done for a colourful new headband. I met up with the dudes for bball and there was a decent number of them to be had. I changed and we headed to the courts.
I played vinsanely as I had intended to, which because I have no ability to dunk whatsoever and am even a pretty average rebounder it just meant I took a lot more shots, even when my team refused to give me support in the centre.
I look forward* to balling all week, so I just tried a couple of my from the hip three pointers and made some baskets and a few skyhooks, a couple of steals and was easily like the 7th best player there.
But I had fun, and that really is all you should ever step on a court for. I also got a wife beater sunburn from my new shirt, ah october here you are at last.
Anyway after getting sunburnt n shit and putting my hips out defending so it felt like I'd given birth I went back into town, retrieved my bike and then headed home.
At home I got liam to shave in my mohawk. Now as an artist I know if you do things with confident intent you can not really fuck up and liam was nibbling at the ends of my neck so I actually had to make the mohawk inroads with the trimmer until liam showed some signs that he was never really going to get it. So my mohawks a little crooked and wide as a turkish muff the last real test is to see if I get away with it at work.
Here goes nothing.

*when my buddy Jimmy pop discovered I was playing bball every sunday he got excited and took me to the hills hoist to check out his new singlet for the summer. KB8 all in jet black. Jimmy jumps at me and yells 'the rapist' he's in cambodia though so rapist vs vinsanity will have to wait.

No comments: