Thursday, October 12, 2006

Those Summer Nights

To my expatriate readers, first off it's fucking hot in Melbourne right now. I step out the door at 8 am and thanks to my superior metabolism I need to go take a shower. I've become a water bottle loser too. Fucking water bottle losers, and now I'm one of them. People are talking about cool changes in fucking October. This is meant to be Spring not summer. If you've got a grandma and she doesn't have air conditioning, count on her death this holiday season.
That being said all them new Caroline Spring McMansions with their inefficient designs and maximised Airconditioning ought to ensure the drying of the Australian landscape and climate change continue.
So in this context I chucked on a soccer shirt and headed into town last night, the soccer shirt was Italy's one even those mafia abetted cheats had what was without a doubt the worst world cup win in a long time. My date laughed at me because we both ended up in 'Italia' shirts as we hopped a tram to Lygon.
It went pretty well I haven't been on a date in a long time, we went to University Cafe and had pasta which I managed to get all over myself. It was realy amusing to see how much a foreigner found Italian cuisine amazing.
We ate paid up and went out for Gelati then walked with it through Carlton back into the CBD. We played fucking streetfighter in one of those China town arcades it was awesome even though I did the gentlemanly thing and lost the fight. I hate people who pick Ryu or Ken. Give me Dhalsim all the way.
Then it was Ping Pong, now I've had my arse beat by dates at Ping Pong before but his time I came back and won from a 5 point deficit. I'm just a natural at the console except for fucking Playstation with it's Geometric fucking patterns for buttons.
It was a shame really, I'm feeling attractive and Andy is a handsome man, I really like him but neiher of us are that way. It was a perfect date except it was not with a woman I love.
Makes me realise how much I got to offer that I just aint offering anymore. Still a mandate is better than no date.

No comments: