Monday, October 02, 2006

That fucking shirt

When I first saw an FCUK shirt I thought it was hilarious, I thought 'I have to get one' a single marketing lecture later and I thought 'man fcuk is for fcuking losers' the vote for pedro shirts have replaced it for the Chapel st trendies wanting to convince me they are unique and different. For one it's not really a classic line from the film or anything, infact the slogan 'vote for pedro' is one of the most logical thoughts in the entire film, given that pedro is running for president.
Two I never thought I'd say this but that film was out on DVD two years ago. I know because I was watching it this time of year in the smelling festering hellhole that was Morrah st, but that time frame puts it in the phantom zone, too recent to be an icon like transformers shirts or monkey magic shirts or blacksploitation shirts, too old to be the cutting edge.
It is still cool, I admit it. A bunch of cool people are wearing it around but here's my one and only style tip for this season:

tohm's style tip #1 and only: Instead of vote for pedro, you know that shirt you wear when you get the tips in your hair topped up with your friends, try a shirt that may actually identify you as a true individual, try 'vote for rumsfield' why before you know it fcuk will be marketing it.

1 comment:

mr_john said...

I always wondered why no one ever made a CNUT t-shirt...

Ok you thieving bastards, keep away... I thought of it first!