Monday, October 16, 2006

liquid happiness

Just before my ipod broke down I created a playlist called liquid happiness, full of all the lollypoppin songs that I can't help but feel silly and happy over.
I'm ashamed to admit this but somehow someway I just found myself finding gary newman's explosive lyrical poetry and synth rock really cool all of a sudden. Ironically cars is something I don't really spend any time in but if I did that track would definitely be on high rotation.
At any rate I was chizmolakin on my cycle heading down studley park road at a brazillion miles an hour flapping my arms (I've gotten really good at balancing on my bike lately) listening to this and de la soul and faith no more (I don't have a playlist that doesn't feature fnm) and it was great childish abandon. The fucking reunion has put this into me, last week I was laughing randomly at work at Kirk's 'I hate balls' comment and this week is was at 'firaman hat's you fucking idiot' and that's the most tragic thing, that was something I said a bit over 5 years ago.
That's the saddest thing about me now you see over there, next to that picture of me that 'I'm a no 1...' I laugh at that, I laugh at myself now, I picked up an old satadal and read my own articles and found them really funny. It's the most depressing thing ever.
So anyway in year twelve the biggest event of the year was boat race (sporting event) and my school was small enough to make it compulsory to support the school anyway responsibility fell on the year 12's to come up with the theme, and we had two dousies, Firemen and Pirates, and I voted for Firemen, it was gonna be so camp and homoerotic it was just the thing for a rowing comp. Yet all the cool bitches wanted to be pirates. So we had this big debate to settle it and we were all literally on one side of the room or the other. And Damo got to speak first and his arguement was:
'Pirates is such a good theme, you can have eye patches and scars and wear pirate hats and firemen what can you do with that?' it was supposed to be retorical, but it was one of the few times I actually snapped and lost it, how could you be so fucking stupid so I screamed at him with the sociopathic killer inside of me 'firemen hats you fucking idiot!' and Rowan Gabb one of my favorite people in the world found me super hilarious and at the reunion he kept quoting it back to me. I had forgotten. It's funny what people remember you for, but not as funny as telling Mr Knight I was gay with his horrified acceptance of me. I should have put my hand down his shirt, ahhh ballarat.*

*I'm not gay

1 comment:

ohminous_t said...

that's hilarious man, this post cracked me up I was holding my fucken sides.