Sunday, October 29, 2006

Salt 'n Pepa

Believe it or not when I was like 8 I found the confronting lyrics of Salt n Pepa gratiously distasteful with their mainstream hits like 'Shoop' 'Push it' 'Whatta Man' and 'Let's talk about Sex' now since around that age I had fallen off a slide plying cricket (?) with my dad and dropped the 'f' word, the 's' word and the 'f'n c' words I'm pretty sure I knew what sex was and the attractions between women and men even iffin I didn't know the secrets of santa yet.
Anyhoo I thought it hilarious if I had a little salt n pepa retrospective on my ipod and I gotta say that crew is illmatic, get down to a fucken store and slap down the $3 to buy a copy of their albums. Slapping skins, getting freaky, yelling like a retard, they capture all the beauty of 'the secret garden' I could even believe they are somewhat liberationists. I've read female chauvinist pigs and those girls lay down exactly what it takes to pleasure them.
And if you disagree with me, well you can just step.

No comments: