Thursday, June 15, 2006

My New Girl

Her name is Sophia, she is curvacious, in faact she is pretty much all curve. When I touch her she is covered in goose pimples and is quiet except when we bounce together, rythmically in harmony.
She is a basketball and the current obsession has gone one step further than the others. Or has it?
I don't want to be a clapped out baby boomer living vicariously through my son. I'd much rather live vicariously through myself. In fact heiho compells me to. My friend Callie remarked I get obsessed easily but while the world is focussed on Joga Bonita campaigns by nike I'm checking the nba playoffs.
It is my firm belief that if you dream big enough you'll achieve a big dream just in the attempt. This was the quote most popular with girls from my highschool for their VCE commerorative page 'aim for the moon and even if you miss you'll be amongst the stars' frankly these girls didn't aim high enough with their choice of boyfriends but the sentiment is still there.
Now that I think about it it could have been the standard editorial addition for people who didn't submit quotes.
But Sophia, oh Sophia. It is time to get personal, to get intimte with my dream of achieving a slam dunk. I'm like 5' nothing can't jump for shit, but when you check out the photos of the pros in the nba captures you gotta wonder whether their feet ever touch the ground.
I've been listening to Chemical brothers 'come with us' while cycling of late and it just puts me in the air up there. The deep galactic musical journey of raver shit seems so appropropriate to my hoop dream.
So it manifested in Sophia being the girl in my life. So what? fuck you. Do you know there are as many asexuals practicing currently as homesexuals? ('but if I'm asexual why am I such a chronic masturbater? 'is the question you ask yourself right now).
Am I really that disturbed? It's not my first inanimate object I've intimated with. Why, explain Talula my bass guitar. Nor will it be the last, I am sure I'll get round to naming the drumkit soon.
They are my girls because they mean a lot to me. Unlike the real girls I've had they don't try to change me, but ironically I actually hope they do.
See you down on the ground earthlings.

No comments: