Thursday, February 07, 2008

Don't Go to Cambodia

Just donate money to happy school! I know after one day it is always a disaster to say things like this, but I love Cambodia. Cambodia now is what Thailand would be if it didn't have beaches - an interesting place.
Don't get me wrong, thailand has many points going for it, but Cambodia is just nice. Its really nice, I'm glad Pol Pot is dead because this place is really endearing.
My motorbike driver is really nice, sightseeing is nice, there is no intimidating government propaganda or officials, and I am seeing the tourist mecca that is Ang Kor Wat. and I have to say, it is really great. Possibly the greatest thing I have seen, for a tourist destination, it is surprisingly quiet. It is surounded by forests and albeit there are still annoying hawkers unlike China they stick to the unimportant areas, like the end points, across the bridge and the carparks unlike perching themselves at the peak point of the great wall of china and everywhere else along the wall.
So there, I finally feel like I am on holiday. Cambodia

No comments: