Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blogs I read

There is a section of links to the left titled 'blogs of people I know' this is my being part of a community, but I thought the other day to share some blogs I actually read.
At the moment my number one favorite is 'bikesnobnyc' I love the entertaining synicism and the best part is it updates near daily, it is focused which I think is why it attracts so many, and there is an art that is underapreciated in being really good at shitting on trends and stupidity. I find this blog high quality and also focused on the world of bike riding. So I check in and read it whenever I can, I also have pretty much read just about all of its backlog.

then there's Harvard's blog, a blog of someone I personally know. It also updates fairly regularly, although drops out sometimes. Since Harvard started working it has taken on more of a design/advertising focus. but that said a window into anyones world is actually something you should look through while touching yourself.
I may come to regret those words in the future but I simply say, any person willing to share insight into themselves to you, is a precious thing so yeah I check out Harvards blog and I have to admit, while I may not find him as funny as I find myself he does reek of style. And I have a soft-spot for malaysians, because I kind of think they are retarded.

I check in Morley's sight, but less so since the twilight days of his Canada trip, when he more or less stopped updating and I saw the same picture of snow on a garage roof for 6 or 7 visits.
Also I never got around to subscribing to his podcasts so missed the majority of his actual material. But that said, unlike Harvard, morley is one of those guys that I find funnier than myself. I know there is a place, a time and a place for both of us in this world, but you have to see his Angry man routine and also his Gary Becker - beaver sketch.

Then 7' of pure arsehole is of course a reference to the tall, australian 'Mr.John'
I have a rule for Mr.John and that is every second time I notice his link on my website (not often) he will have a new post on his blog. His posts are high quality, and I should point out that all of us, excluding bike snob, where at one point contributors to the fine publication that is the globe. John writes interesting shit, but roughly 1.8 times a year. So I keep the home light burning. Also he got sidetracked by ultimate frisbess which unlike bikes, I don't really understand and remember loosing a trivia night question related to the sport.

Aside from that there is Gilbert Arena's blog.
I read this dependant on the attention it gets on the NBA main site, which drops when Gil is injured like now. NBA has good blogs and basketball can teach you much much more than just basketball. Gil besides is fucking insane. Just read his wikipedia section 'Gilbertology' documenting his shinanigans. This makes his blog highly entertaining, if not the best insight into the goings on on NBA.

That's what I try to read, and did so even before I had all the time of travelling life up my sleeve. So when I write know also that I read. Blogs are good.

Oh yeah I should plug Bryce's industry specific blog - you have changed. with the disclaimer that I wouldn't say I read this blog by virtue of it updating far more often than I read it. Unfortunatley it serves a purpose and is just too damn professional for me. I like Bryce more when he is unprofessional, but it does have from time to time stimulating articles that are abstract enough for me to sink my teeth into.

No comments: