Sunday, December 30, 2007

Walk in The Park

My resting metabolic rate is an estimable 1736 calories per day. That's how much a typically burn sitting in a chair all day. Based on age, height, weight and gender. If I were to call my 7 to 8 k runs moderate exercise I max out at 3693 calories per day.
Running for one hour clocks up 633 calories. Basketball shooting practice 317 calories. A pussy stupid sport like swimming 700+ what bullshit. Although i guess it makes sense when you think about the respective lengs of a triathlon. Anyhoo, to lose 1 pound a week they say reduce calorie intake by 500 a day. 100 calories is roughly a mile of walking which is roughly 1600 meters. What I need is to read labels and possibly get one of them bands you strap around your chest to tell you how many calories you are burning.
But I'm told I can expect to get up to 6000 calories per cycling session when I get on a bike in Europe so maybe I should build up the fat stores now.

No comments: