Sunday, December 23, 2007

Plug for Jimmy the Squatter

If you are like me, then you love opensource, shareware, and adventure games. My friend has just finished making 'The Misadventures of Jimmy the Squatter' and by finished, I mean he has begun to release installments of it.
It is a labor of love, and I feel, there is nothing on earth worth celebrating more than when someone makes an idea they have tangible, to be touched and felt and tasted and smelt by other people.
Whilst not being able to quite fulfill all such sensory expectations I may have created. Please If you have time to kill, if you like games that may actually involve thought over micro and have been made stylistically to boot, then please do go check out 'Jimmy the Squatter'

For more on garage adventure games you may find this article interesting.
I also recommend the Trilby Series, for highly effective backyard game productions, particularly Trilby's notes with the text based interface.

Until later, peace out.

tohm.

No comments: