Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Material World

I apologise, I have painted myself as something I am not. I obsess over my image and probably do so more than anyone else I know. So I'm sorry if I gave you the impression I was otherwise. Fact is I need to be beautiful, all the time.
That being said I know that Money does not equal happiness but due to a typo this week I cost the company $20k in revenue over the course of a month. I pushed a 7 instead of a 9 when updating a price list and it all cascaded from there.
That being done while I may not care for the material world and have more spiritual and philosophical goals that guide my life I can appreciate that a lot of people do care about the material world so I feel incredibly bad about losing that money.
The best part by far though is having to wait 4 days for my manager to get back to the office to reprimand me.
Fuck man, shit.

No comments: