Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I saw you, you were incredible

You'd think with the nature of ipods and mp3 players, it would be hard to sneak a song onto your ipod that you'd never heard.
Thus one doesn't generally discover killer songs on their ipod. That's for underground myspace pages and shit.
But touche! When in Tokyo neighbourhood of Akasaka I did more than just gain weight. I also raided brentons ipod for new music I could chuck onto my ipod to sustain me for the coming half year. Not having any new music is like a death sentence for me.
I don't know why, I have proved myself capable of listening to one De La Soul album for 3 months at a pinch before, and a single Faith No More album for 80% of my 'Recently Played' auto generated playlist.
Anyway, suffice to say I grabbed albums with both hands, like a priest grabbing altar boys.
And so I clickety clacked through my selection of albums today and came on 'The Presidents of the USA' and chuckethed them on. Of course like all I enjoyed such novelty rock as 'Kitty' 'Lump' and 'Peaches' and 3 enjoyable tunes on an album aint bad.
And then on came 'The Stranger' and let me say I love songs about strippers. They remind me of how my parents met, and the booth where I was concieved.
What an awesome song.
Anyway today was a good day.

No comments: