Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Parenting

Janice pulled me up last weekend for a "conversation"

True to form, Janice was worried about me. She talked about my work situation and shit and I was holding my breath waiting for the finances talk.
But it didn't come instead she said something akin to...

tom* you've got this dream to be a consultant and whatever and I just worry that you're going to give up and go join the corporate world.
But when you give up it won't be because you've tried and failed but that you just never really bothered to try, and try everything


It then went on to cover goals, plans, writing them down and so fourth.
On that front I still haven't managed to do anything. Because I'm not sure what I'm doing.
I have realised though, as my bank account hits almost zero, that I can't afford to be thinking in terms of money, so much as thinking in terms of time.
So at this financial landmark I must admit that I've hit my 'halfway' point of time, and reflect on my time being well spent.
I think though I've probably spent too much of my time trying to make more money that won't buy back that time.
I need to chill out and move backwards.

No comments: