Sunday, July 20, 2008

While Waiting for the Rain to Let up enough to preserve my brightly colored pants

What a novelty rain like this is, stuff that actually makes noise when it hits a corrugated iron roof. I saw corrugated iron roofing on pyramids in puebla. ironic.
also I remembered the thought I was thinking about which really should be the title of this misleading post, but I've kind of accepted the fact that a blog is where I do my poorest communication and enjoying it now. But it should have been called:

My mother fucken cussing mouth.


Because recently I was informed by a guy that his objection to swearing in the workplace is that when you swear it effects how other people talk (they start swearing) and because its subconscious they don't have a choice in the matter, it impinges on their human rights. Ironic.
I have been violating human rights for many a year now. I also ironically saw a program on 'the mind' which was a follow up to somewhat popular BBC series 'the body' where they demonstrated that people mimic naturally people they like whereas they don't immitate the behaviours of people they don't like.
This explains somewhat how every one of my ex-girlfriends has eventually ended up with a filthy mouth.
Whilst Claire only dropped the occasional 'fuck that' or whatever I am most proud of Misaki a girl who is cute and polite as can be in her native tongue of japanese but when I pushed her out of the way into the shoe storage area when she tried to pay for a meal at zawatami's that only I had eaten at, the mouth on her in english was enough to make me blush 'You mother fucker, why you fucken do that? oh its bullshit, I will pay you fucking bastard...' and so on.
It was hilarious.
Even in work contexts my filthy mouth won out after a first year of Carole telling me off every time I hung up the phone after a stupid call and swore, eventually she relaxed and accepted, to the opposite end of the spectrum towards the end of my tenure when my protoge or however it is spelt, would swear by quietly mouthing out the letters 'this is "B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T"' which eventually resolved in my training program (which comprehensively included high-5s as desirable employee behaviour) as it usually does with the sentance 'fuck you tohm' which is really when I know I've won.
Now that's ironic.

No comments: