Monday, July 21, 2008

Fear of a White Planet

is the working title of what I plan to work on now, and get published.
Not to be confused with the seminal public enemy album "Fear of a Black Planet" if you actually plan on buying a crappy copy of the zine when it's done, or be environmentally friendly and just download the file for free (though I don't actually know how many prehistoric trees burn to read it on an illuminated screen) but nevertheless want to be surprised either way, don't read on.
If you need more information as to what it is before you can commit to being interested then read on...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...and here we are. Basically, it came from my observation while traveling that generally speaking it was always much better to be colonialist than colonized, that it historically speaking was still better to be discoverer than discovered. And for all the miracle of trade and the benefits its supposed to bring, one generally observes it flows one way.
Furthermore I just want to do something racially charged to ingratiate me to the black community from whom I badly need approval.
I mean I was saying to someone Tommi or Chris the other day, that I actually laughed when I heard one of the Australian cricket team got jeered by Indian crowds and called a 'monkey' and then months later, Japan made the news for some company running an ad campaign that compared Barrack Obama to a monkey.
I laughed because I found it ironic, didn't these countries realise that these were precisely the racist monikers we applied to them back in the day, and now they are turning the exact same discrimination on other minorities.
Which brings me round to the other point, in white communities the fear of crime in South East Asia, South America, Africa, Mainland China and in refugee communities and immigrant communities over the developed western world is significant.
Yet historically speaking, the worst most ruthless and terrifying source of violence has been white people. With the possible exception of only the Mongols and Persian Empire, even then to say that Spartan rule was preferable to Persian is probably a gross undersight.
So I thought, if aliens came and the platform came out and the alien emerged and it was a white guy, I, knowing better, would kill myself at the first opportunity knowing that what was to come would be brutalisation, rape, disease and finally unbalanced economic and diplomatic treaties.
So that is basically it. Think Alien, except the Alien is just a white guy.
I'm only at the storyboarding stage, and when I figure out an image file small enough to chuck up some of my scans I will.

1 comment:

<:)-+ said...

So this is going to be non-fiction or fiction?

Graphic novel?