Saturday, July 12, 2008

Desert Island with a sound system

If I were to be flying over the pacific, only to have my plane crash in the middle of an ocean and then I washed up on an island and I were to be left with only two cds to listen to until I died or was rescued here is what I think I am ready and comfortable in my life to choose:

1. Faith No More - King For A Day

2. De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising

That's the culmination of my life's seeking out and listening to music. I have determined that these two albums are enough to sustain myself mentally and to provoke me to abstain from ending my life. Infact I would go so far as to say, an island life of quiet comtemplation of these two albums could make a pleasent alternative to a lot of far more likely lifestyles I am to lead.
And in the spirit of Quarterly essays, and just general positivity replacing my blogs sole occupation of being a 'playa hater' I intend to write about these two albums at length and why they have made the cut, the bare minimum of music I require to sustain my enjoyment of life.
I can't wait! can you...

1 comment:

<:)-+ said...

As someone who speaks spanish, I can now translate "De la" for you and all your readers, so as to rid them of their mental perturbance.

I bet right like now, they're all like "De La"? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??? GOD I DIDN'T COME TO READ TOHM'S BLOG FOR THIS LITERARTI BULLSHIT!

It means "from the".