Friday, March 21, 2008

Promises Promises

A friend of mine recently gave me some rare feedback on the blog, well not really feedback on the blog but an indication that he/she/it reads it here it is "read some of your blog the other day. sounds like you're turning into super uber cool massively ridiculously fit tohm. good for you."
It's funny because that day I was riding from Padua to Verona where I am currently waylaid until probably the end of the easter vacation that is the 'uber' weekend to piss me off, yes weekends are aweful for a free spirit like me because it crowds up the leisure economy, filling hostels, seats on trains and so fourth.
Anyway where was I, right I hit Vincenza and caught my reflection where in my white cycling Jersey hunched over the flatbar handles I couldn't help but compare myself to Michelin man.
Which in a way is good because in a way I am only just starting to get into the cycling tour and if I eat away all my fat deposits early it means I probably have to start thinking about responsible nutrition and shit before my body depletes my ligaments for much needed energy making me a cripple for life having to beg tourists for exorbitant euros, at least though in Italy I will be far from alone, my only real problem then is where to obtain a crutch or peasant scarf.
Anyway that said whilst my friend may be the only person left still using the moniker 'uber' while my cardio has been good since I first started cycling again years ago, I have made an extensive list of promises of activities I am going to sign up for once settled back in Melbourne these include:

Parkour (which hopefully is already as 'cool' as kung fu is post matrix so I'm not a posuer when I get back)
Orientation (I read in Japanese magazine Tarzan which Im not sure whether it is or isn't a gay publication a short english phrase 'run up, run down, run over, run through' and thought orientering is the hardcoreness of hiking tailoed for my short attention span)
Boxing (Because I have never paid any attention to my upper body)
Completing the next available 'Bay in a Day' which I believe I will be able to laugh off with contempt by the time I get back.
Running the next City to Surf
Completing a Marathon before age 30 (I don't know how long it takes to train for these)

No comments: