Monday, July 23, 2007

Social Utilities

I joined facebook, and after the initial excitement of having friends eagerly seek me out and some actual traffic in my msn email account for the first time in a million years.
But every day the line of people eager to be my friend diminished. When I wanted to reciprocate I had trouble remembering who my friends were, or discovering they were cooler than me by not having a facebook account.
Anyway it goes with out saying, by blocking people from shamelessly announcing their lack of tast and blindness for style such as myspace celebrates it is tolerably good. But I have to say, its true I am barely interested in photos that don't have me in them. Especially if you are in Mexico and not taking photos of yourself with charros and senioritas and pinatas and shit.
So I've come crawling back to you my love. My blog, a celebration of my prejudices and ignorances and revealing conceitedness.
But it is much easier to post photos on facebook.

No comments: