Wednesday, July 25, 2007

death by masculinity

Although just three weeks ago I bought stockings from a store and told the store attendants they were a present for my girlfriend but wore them the next day, I have recently cracked and become obsessed with masculinity.
The catylyst was talking to my friend in Perth whom recommended that after basketball I buy some Musashi protein powder and 'drink as much of it as you can without vomiting' my doctor in training friend Amrish described said advice as 'weird'
But to my masculine ears it makes a lot of sense. Trying to drink as much protein as you can without vomiting is an incredibly manly thing to do.
Similarly whilst arguing with my new coworker Ante about what hidden costs there are or aren't to cycling, he suggested I drink glucose to replenish my knee joints.
And I thought 'that sounds like a good idea'.
So I've lost 5 kilos since I started training for running again but plateud out, largely because I jacked up my metabolism and then I would eat worse than ever to sate my appetite.
You know you are on the path to fat bastardom when you order something extra from the menu on top of a value meal/combo.
So if I just drink pure protein I can cut out the unnecessary carbs and fat and become truly glamorous. Snacking on the occasional bit of glucose.
If only Miki's voice didn't constantly ring in my ear with her lecture about 'fresh begetables'

No comments: