Sunday, July 29, 2007

life long learning

Sometimes there's no avoiding getting dumped. But if you are going to get dumped, do it right. Miki took a stupid job 4 months ago, one that pays $700 a month, has hours of 5:00am to 10:00pm (with the occasional meeting) 7 days a week with no public holidays.
And as such she fills guilty that she can't devote me the attention I deserve, and If you knew Misaki you would not doubt that this was an issue for her. But it isn't such an issue for me, who possibly had more foresight into what this shitty job would involve.
And that's my advice to you all, never let someone dump you on your behalf. I feel like a monster but I got brutally indignant with her and as such highlighted that if I was having problems with the relationship, then it is my responsibility to do something, and furthermore only I can know how I feel.
Which leaves no room but for someone to admit that they aren't really doing it on your behalf but that they infact have the problems, feelings that require action and none of this set you free bullshit.
Which is a big difference in recovering from a failed relationship, if you are going to get closure make sure their aren't any deceptions in the mix, and particularly self deceptions.
Because often before making a decision you should actually get the facts, way up the costs and benifits, ignore your feelings* (controversial but I'm sure many will attest feelings aren't unfortunately reliable) and consult all the stakeholders. I am genuinily grateful I have a girlfriend that will raise her concerns with me.
I don't know if it was too late but she did seem reassured and we cruise on, for now.
If I can hold on another two months she can once again be overcome by my dollar dazzler smile.

No comments: