Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vinsanity

Today I got introduced to the new girl in logistics, I was introduced as tohm to her and I forgot her name the moment it was said, something I'm getting better and better at doing. Something I'm getting sick of doing is explaining what I do. The dude from logistics showing the new girl around didn't know what I do, and I had to step in and articulate for him, I do whatever the Sales Manager, Director or Assistant to the Director tell me to do and failing that, whatever I want to do. That's right try having 5 bosses yourself and telling people what you do. You'll never manage. But it's actually how I prefer to work, any given day I can switch betwixt three departments and work autonomously on anything I want. Which would work even bettter if my 5 bosses didn't assume I was busy. This means most of the time they bypass me and get some other shitkicker to do the work I could do in half the time and to a higher standard (on account of me spending half the time on it).
Anyway that being said two things happen in September for me. Work get's busy, it get's really busy. Season hits and I find myself running three sales campaigns whilst having to explain all the random campaigns to the accounts departments and then having to come up with reports to determine if the campaigns actually do anything. It's a roundabout way to work, unfortunately people expect me to do all the busy work I do to fill in the winter months. cept I don't work overtime because I want to live a life that has balance and doesn't revolve around work. As such I foster stuff to do outside of hours. So inexplicably like a wall of flaming fire I find myself busy from go to fucken woe.
I'm not complaining it's good to go to work and look at the clock three times: once at 10 when the reports should update, next time at 12 when I realise I should go to lunch and the last time at 4:55 when I pack up my desk ready to go home.
But tonight is a night off, I just have to repair a slow leak in my bike tyre. I;m determined to do nothing else. And that's unusual for a Tuesday but Zaman gave me Ramadan off our lessons.
So that's it tonight I'm going to do, fucken nothing and I'm gonna love it. Just park on the couch and watch some TV.
fuck yeah.

No comments: