Friday, September 01, 2006

Melbourne is Today it is not my future

What an emotional evening last night was. In fact I didn't cry then but I think I am going to right now, I am as I'm typing this.
Okay that was fucking weiwd. Anyway what happened was I got off the train at Flinders street and Andy & Jerry got up to great me. And Jerry was down. He was all tense and sad and sighed a lot and I assumed it was because he was leaving Australia. But I assumed wrong, it was because he'd learnt his ex had a new guy which was a shock to me because I thought his ex had been a long time gone.
It's a killer to see someone go through the sadness. And real sadness too. He was sighing and struggling not to cry at dinner. Andy and I did all we could do and kept natural. The food by the way was super.
He kept clenching his fists and was stressed out so I suggested we go for a walk into the botanical gardens. There were three girls who'd stripped down to their underwear and were playing in the fountain at 10pm at night and that was a pretty cool thing to see.
We sat in a chair and got away from the noise and the bustle because I remembered that that used to help me be sad in a calm way. It seemed to work.
Jerry plans to write a book called 'Melbourne is Today it is not my future' about his experiences here in Melbourne then study to become a mechanic. (?). I do love Jeremy so it breaks my heart to not just have to say bye to him but see him so sad, particularly when he's been so vital a source of support for me.
Andy on the other hand had asked out some Korean girl in an uncool manner and got rejected. Having recently been rejected myself (what the fuck was I thinking I keep asking myself) my heart went out to him too. He said he felt 'pretty low' and that 'now he was a loser' he used to introduce himself as average joe, but Andy is anything but, andy is hot. Andy is a hot hot man and I don't envy anyone who has to date central asians, you need fucking money man and the rest takes care of itself. Andy asked me if I had any cousins.
This is what me being Jesus McDude said to them: 'All you can be is the best you you can be, and the rest will take care of itself guys. You gotta be happy and sexy being Andy. You gotta be happy being Jerry and don't envy anyone else their girls because if you have to be someone you are not for a girl you love, you can't be happy guys. I'm not going to stop wearing girly knee high socks to improve my chances with girls in general, I want to improve my chances with a girl that's cool with knee high socks.'
Anyway the discussion then turned to my candy stripe knee high socks and who can be sexy wearing them, I could apparently but Jerry could not, Andy could with the right attitude, then we admitted that Jerry could with the right attitude.
Then I bought Andy an ice cream and we strolled into the gardens and just relaxed together.
I'll miss Jerry who calls me his brother. But it's not really the end it's the beginning since soon Jerry and I will control the Pacific.

No comments: