Saturday, September 23, 2006

Simplicity

Last night I was meant to go out on a bachelour's night, not a bachelour party but just to go out and try and pick up women at random bars, sort of like doorknocking. And you know that's like a one off event for me and my social circle rather than every friday night. I was kind of looking forward to it because most of the time I don't see the point to going out and having a good time by spending money in various bars. But if you put a shitty premise on it like a competition (pub crawl) or some faux cultural event (st patricks day) I love it.
Anyway nothing happened so instead I switched on the Fremantle vs Sydney game. Now as a Carlton supporter this year I have kept myself emotionally distant. I can still pump my fist when I see eddie betts sneak a goal that has to be goal of the year but on the whole I locked my heart up from the battering it would recieve and have watched close to no fucking games this year.
So tohmmy-come-lately switches on during the preliminary finals. I was watching the melbourne games because my housemate Liam supports them but now they are gone.
Sydney play so boring though, for that is what I watched last night, they played so boring I fell asleep. I was going for Freo too.
But anyway it occured to me that Friday has become my weekly night off. Every week follows the same reliable pattern. I fill up the first 4 weeknights with stuff so that by the time I hit friday I start watching footy and fall asleep on the couch. Then saturday I go cycling and again head out in the evening and sunday sleep in then go out to play basketball and catch up with someone I didn't manage to last week depriving myself of sleep heading into monday.
The problem is friday is nobody else's night off so I end up feeling excluded.
PS. Callie if you're reading this I will not be pyking on you next friday.
But the whole thing puts me in mind of a Mr.Show sketch I watched yesterday about two guys that get into a fight in a bar in chicago and the bad mouthing goes on so long they end up married, seperated and reconciled, whilst telling eachother constantly to eat shit, go fuck themselves etc. in the end one of them dies and the other goes 'my life'
That's how I feel on a friday 'fuck where did that week go?' it's good to be busy, but I'd rather be busy and have the time passing sloooooowly like summer vacations in primary school. Vacations were something I stopped enjoying post my parents expecting me to use my vacation time to work full time in a factory or a kitchen and if I didn't I'd have to sand and paint picket fences. I guess I'm to blame because you couldn't claim you were having a 'vacation' from school when you did no work in school.
Anyway I just want some time to chase seagulls and shit.

1 comment:

ohminous_t said...

case in point I didn't notice my last posts were all on Monday last week until I posted this today. I'm a fuckin' workaholic hero.