Sunday, March 12, 2006

Square Fucking One

So I had the remnants of a self saucing pudding for breakfast and wondered what kind of metaphor it could be for my life. But it was just a shitty too sweet pudding that I couldn't be bothered reheating properly.
I'm at a loss at the moment, you've gotta be hooked on someone I believe and right now I'm in limbo land. I feel all this energy wasting that should be dedicated to the pursuit of woman, like when you turn on the heater and the airconditioner at the same time.
I am buying/recieving a drumkit. I want to sign up for swing dancing lessons, I'm still teaching a refugee english and doing my bike group thing and I'm back at Uni. I am plenty busy. Busy enough to make a half arsed effort at everything. I am fucking glad not to be at work today although at the time of writing this I'd probably be looking forward to getting home. Cept I have uni on a monday night and I've got that off also.
My ex is gone, gone from the country and out of my glorious hair. I've left enough hints around the blog now that you can probably figure out who she is. Mixed feelings, I'd be lying if to say there wasn't some sense of relief insofar as its always hard to hang around someone you've seen naked and don't get to anymore. We ought to Hi-5 though as I think we managed to make a silk purse out of a sack of shit there. We always were better than other couples at everything we did even breaking up in messy circumstances.
Brunswick does feel empty though and in three days my diet has gone to shit I probably gained like 7 kilos this weekend.
I gave up on the last girl I was pursuing too all in the space of a week so I've got all this energy. All this energy and no drumkit. Fucking Allens was closed as well fucking public holidays, can't get strings for my bass guitar. I don't fucking get 9-5 what an archaic concept. Most people work 9-5, banks and retail stores open 9-5 while most people are at work. Internet banking is a godsend and I realise banks do more business with businesses in dollar values than people that's okay. But retail? You guys fucking know you do most of your business on a weekend. Why not just open till 7.30. Rock up at 11 fuck. How many musicians are going to walk into a store at 9AM fucking 0! thats how many. Maybe a mum to buy some cello music for her little shit.
Mind you bass guitarists and drummers are stretching the whole 'musician' title anyway. They generally sneak past as a 'muso'. Drummer jokes are shit and always have been.
So I feel like I've been dumped but I've done it alone. What is this headspace that I can only describe as 'space'? Generally when there's something lacking in my life I fill it with muffins. No muffins for this though.
Its been a magical 8 month journey through dumpseville and I feel I emerged triumphant because I make absolutely everything into a contest. A winner relative to other people I know. Getting dumped is hard guys but you got a two-three month window where people will be sympathetic then you gotta grow some balls and move on or you go from 'Poor John' or 'Poor Trisha' to 'Creepy John' and 'Headcase Trisha' when my brother entered year two of his grieving his one and only girlfriend he had managed to alienate and drive nuts all his closest friends because he was still analysing a whole 'girl hes just not that into you' dumping he recieved and I put on my best whine and said to him 'my house burnt down. What happened to it? It was such a great house? Do you think its coming back? Maybe I can build something out of the ashes? What happened? It burnt down?...' and went on like that for about half an hour in a circle he took the hint. I forget how he pulled himself out of that rut but he reckons he found a girl for me, so he's a good brother.
Balls are everyones best friend though.
So I feel I should go out on a big self improvement trip. It is always consistent with my path of heiho. And play the waiting game I guess. I actually bought Hungry Hungry Hippoes because of that simpson's line and poor naive me thought I was simply playing the waiting game. Worst $35 I ever spent but it gave me a whole new appreciation of how funny that simpsons line is. Hungry hungry hippoes is entertaining for about 32 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have u got a specific drum kit lined up? I have one for sale……