Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Valentines

Romantic love? is there any better kind of love? love of life probably. The jury's still out on Valentines. If your in a relationship why should you need one day of the year to celebrate the fact? If your single why do you need the fact rubbed in your face? You may be really insecure about it.
I had the pleasure yesterday of riding home with my bike on the train in the disabled and special needs area. My special need is the new spacious train seating arrangements leave no room for bikes, the addition of which makes commuting feasable for me and many others. So I was sitting there and unfortunately my company in the area was not disabled, just two teenage girls talking about getting bashed, abused and harassed like it was teenage gossip. I thought 'that's terrible' but tried to avoid eye contact. One of them had almost had their head kicked in for excepting a lift off a male friend. Romance is alive and well in wherever it is they come from. One of them had her tracksuit pant leg rolled up to reveal a pink lipstick message 'I [love] rooting' just when I was feeling sympathy for them they got up and and left the train leaving a pile of garbage that had been chicken chips and gravy on the floor in an unneat pile. What a fucking spiralling success story these extreme teen gossips were riding. I almost chucked the garbage at their backs but I wasn't sure I could take them if things turned ugly. For a pussy I have a lot of random violent thoughts.
Someone else I lost sympathy for was on another blog, a girl was whining about how they were all alone on Valentine's but they'd bought a sexy dress. Then began soliciting presents and flowers from the presumably desperate guys that read her blog.
So what did I do? I frocked up with my housemate gang members [the handsome gentlemen] one of the least intimidating gangs in all of melbourne. We went and met up with all our single friends in front of the reject shop. We walked up to RMIT to make use of the free bbq's passing a hot potatoes were out of the generosity of my heart we bought everyone $2 'roses' bearing the mysterious caption 'is it a rose? is it a perfume' in truth I'm not sure they where either.
At the bbq we spent the next hour waiting for the meat to cook (presumably by the power of the sun) then the next hour eating various 'food' out of bread, hands and paper towell. The juices from the sausages ruining many a good shirt.
We headed to trampoline for possibly the most romantic gesture of the night in buying icecreams. There were too many people in line so we went to Nam Loong for some Egg Custard Bao.
That was more or less the night. What better way to celebrate romantic love when you don't have it than partaking in a performance art event such as this? Everyone can celebrate Valentines. I don't know I like it I guess, I can see how some people hate it or think it's a massive wank. Point is empower yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will give you $20 if you take off your pants and grind into Damo's lap for a few minutes. I've done it. It was great. His contrasting homophobia and extreme tolerance really make him think.