Monday, January 30, 2006

Dumb things Med Students Say

‘When he walks into a room it’s like he has an aura around him. People respond differently because he is a doctor now’

‘I’m never watching [the secret life of us] again, it’s so irresponsible to portray a doctor smoking marijuana, a doctor would never do that’

‘My least favourite students? Med students by far’

‘I have to wear these brands mother, I’m a doctor I have to be credible’

These attitudes get up my nose. Being a Doctor is like any other job and no nobler than being a teacher, a police officer, a venture capitalist, a psychologist. Gone are the days when the only educated people in town were the doctor and the priest, it just isn’t that prestigious anymore. There’s nothing better than feeling healthy but being healthy isn’t all there is. Why there’s a whole hierarchy of needs out there let the prestige go to the dreamers, the John’s that get shot by fanatics.

No comments: