Monday, January 16, 2006

A Dream I once had part Twix

It’s kind of embarrassing talking about profound dreams but I guess that’s what disclosure is all about that sometimes I take dreams seriously. I have had a problem with Christianity for a long time. I don’t understand how people could worship a god that threatens eternal damnation if you don’t follow certain rules. Especially stupid rules like no suicide, no practicing of homosexuality, no divorce I mean cut people some fucking slack. Particularly coming from a god that stops the Suns transit to allow more daylight for slaughtering philistines and sends an angel of death to kill the eldest child of all Egyptian families. Or punishes Job for gambling purposes. As an atheist it raised an important point: why concern yourself with details of whether or not God exists but whether he should be worshipped anyway. I mean Saddam Hussein is relatively more powerful than me (I mean when he was powerful) and has the ability to inflict a great deal of suffering on people who don’t please him yet nobody would say that these qualities make him worthy of worship. I mean if God’s an arsehole why spend money or time on him/her? For many Christians the answer is obvious because I don’t want to go to hell I want to go to heaven.
Conscientious objector is a fancy word for coward but conscientiously objecting to a paradise that excludes people because they’re homosexual I think takes some balls. Anyway the dream, the dream I had. I was in hell all defiant and everything and it was pretty bleak but not terrifying. Being a dream I wasn’t paying attention to details but I was clustered in a yard I don’t know like a victim of the holocaust waiting for a cattle truck. Anyway these two demons walk up and ask me if I’m repentant and they don’t look very tough because they look like they’re made of plasticine or some stuff. I say no I don’t care and I won’t worship no god or something to that effect. The rest of the dream was pretty straight forward they chucked me in a metal barrel that I learnt once inside it was flesh burning temperature. I tried to leap out the top and ended up being scraped across a wall with nails and broken glass sticking out which just destroyed my beautiful, beautiful face and arms and everything. Then I was tipped out on the ground and had like my entrails pulled out and then I was strung up on a barbwire fence and burning stuff was put in my eyes and I looked like a beefcarcass wallhanging. Anyway I woke up, and I was all like ‘Oh so that’s how bad hell can be’ it really shook me up. But I thought about and thought there’s probably fates worse than being a beef carcass wallhanging and if it was for eternity you’d get use to it as opposed to being a jizzmopper at an adult shop.
So that was my dream, don’t test out how much pain I’m willing to endure for a cause because I’m quite cowardly in nature but that’s what I’d choose over hanging out for eternity with a pack of arseholes. I mean for demons it’s just a job you know. For smarmy evangelists hanging out in paradise spitting on homosexuals, divorcees and suicidally depressed people it’s a lifestyle choice.

No comments: