Thursday, October 30, 2008

Urban Ninja

This time last year I was in Japan. This time 25 years ago I was approaching 4 weeks old. I've been reading Bruce Campbell's memoirs on and off and it got me wondering about me own.

One thing I do know, is that I'm glad I have this blog. I hope it can survive as well as the tedious journals and diaries of yore did. I mean maybe my kid will one day want to know what a cocktard his/her old man was in 2007.

Come to think of it, I actually find going back and reading my own blog posts highly entertaining. This scares me a lot.

I also found individuist thinker Ayn Rand quote the other day that I kind of agree with and makes me wonder about whether I should be blogging.

Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.


It's more than I can comprehend in this sitting.

No comments: