Friday, October 10, 2008

Slurpee in my Hand

Summer, previously known as Spring and of course Summer. Those slurpee machines are always here yet in summer they actually become really attractive. Some day early in September somebody must squeeze out a slushy/slurpee/snowcone thing that has been flopping around in those mixers for approximately 6 months.

In summer they are delicious, nutritiously full of sugar and one of the cheapest drinks you can buy in the city.

Yet once you have it, where can you go, I imagine that amongst all the drinks that aren't welcome in a store the slurpee/slushy is the least welcome.

It's sticky, it takes a fucking hour to drink and the spoon actually makes it incredibly hard to finish off the last bit. It probably isn't even welcome in many peoples's bins. It is afterall it's just a syrup and ice mash up.

So when I buy one I find myself having to wander aimlessly in the CBD till I finish it, unable to distract myself from concentrating on the slurpee.

Still $2.70

No comments: