Monday, February 19, 2007

Ticks

The world is one relentless pursuit of growth, of building more because more is more. Just increase things and everything is solved.
I don't agree with this attitude at all but man, if this is the prevailing human drive why do so many people drag their feet and stick within mindless repetitive circles. I'm not talking about you of course. I'm talking about people who don't think just do.
Who furthermore need to be told what to do. In the mornings now I have to leave early to aim for the train before the train I actually need to catch because it is now reliably not running. Simple messages like 'The 8.19 will not run today' or if they want to get tricky 'the 8.19 has been delayed and is now expected in 20 minutes' does that mean two trains will arrive piled on top of eachother? the delayed 8.19 and the scheduled 8.39?
Noooooooooooooooo. No. And what ticks me off more is that somewhere, someone is paid to manage the trains you know what the compensation payable to people who can "provide evidence they were effected by delays" weekly and monthly ticket holders can recieve 1 x Daily ticket.
If there were ever any serious incentive to run services when scheduled eg. refund tickets you could bet there would be no late trains if the businesses success depended on it.
that's really the start of my list today.
I'm genuinelly angry, which is...rare. I feel...angry.

No comments: