Thursday, February 08, 2007

A sense of Abandonment

It is truly rare for me to lose sleep, except of course during an unbearable heatwave or a truly tumultuose event.
Neither of which has happened to me, prior to exams, work presentations anything like that it never intruded on my land of dreams.
But in looking, for far too long for a housemate I suddenly was hit with the devestating revelation that I possibly have to make a new friend and live harmoniously with them.
Which seems crazy as I have no problem playing bball with strangers every week as my preferred way to spend a weekend unless it is with my best girl, listening to elaborate stories that take nigh on forever to unfold which is endearing to me.
I have no problem with making friends with other people's housemates, but bringing a stranger into my life, my personal space suddenly has my hackles going up.
Which is to say the explanation being that every stranger I play bball with has common ground with me, a love of the game.
The only common ground I have with a lot of potential candidates is that they like me need to live somewhere.
But I feel the pressure of picking somebody to live with that I'm not going to have sex with more than someone I will live with that I am (a partner). I guess again because it is a useful guide (sexual attraction) but housemate seems all together a more complex equation.
I don't know what I want.
It may also be that now its hitting me how different my friends, life and environment are from say 1 year ago. More than a birthday the feeling of home went 'poof' and I was a stranger to myself.
Thankfully if I can't sleep its usually for a good reason, the reason being so I can be awake and think and plan and come up with a strategy. I got back to sleep by 5am ready to get up at 6.
Housemate still looking...

No comments: