Thursday, January 01, 2009

FOWP Up Date: Page 23

Okay I was telling Amrish that my new years resolution was to buy my dog a marrow bone. Something I can achieve close enough to New Years day to actually still remember it. Otherwise I generally don't believe in New Years day. If you got a problem that needs some kind of resolution then fucking do it NOW. No matter if it's 2nd January or fucking 31st December. Saving it for New Years just means it's probably just going to go down the toilet.

Anyway my parents flew out to China on the 28th of Decembuary, leaving the house in the kids charge, not that we aren't all approaching an age where we should be getting the fuck out of here.
Whilst Janice offered the use of their bedroom for two weeks so I could live in the comfort of a climate controlled and possum on the roof free house, I seriously now can't face the prospect of sleeping on a soft matress, so in the garage I have stayed.

I was more excited about the kitchen table. With Janice out of the way, there's nobody to actually insist the kitchen table be clean and tidy and shit. This means I now have ample room to spread out my sketch books and slug away at drawing up Fear of a White Planet. I'm up to page 27/100 as of today, which isn't much considering I left it around page 18. That's a bit over a page per day, and 4 of the pages were actually done yesterday so that's soundly less than a page per day for most of the week.

The magic happened when I turned onto page 23, the big monster reveal. Finally I had ploughed through 22 pages of relatively uninterrupted drawings of an Academic character talking all the time and finally I had this character that was actually fun to draw.

I also had actually done the bulk of my pre-conceptualisation focussed solely on the monster with one or twix drawings of the other characters. So I've just been roughing in mannequins for the most part.

Anyway once I hit that magical page 23 things just took off, the pace picked up and the violence erupted. Disturbing but productive.

Back to it.

No comments: