Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Emotional

Yesterday should have been a bad day, Bryce and I got jumped on our idea, oh well. I have the utmost confidence that our Kobe & Shaq act will trump them down he track.
Getting frustrated with Miki's job slowing our communication down to a crawling point although I've never met someone who'se emails reflect exactly how they talk. more than that both Carole and Kiet called in sick yesterday leaving myself and my manager to answer the phones, meaning we spend the whole day running and going nowhere.
To counterpoint that we got two new employees and although the lack of experience puts more pressure on me, it cannot be underestimated how good it is to have enthusiasm in the department again. And being asked questions is realy flatering all the time.
Despite this new guy pestering me every 2 free seconds I had between calls, it was great, it kept me going. From not cussing at the 50 customers asking the same fucking questions.
Someone actually enthusiastic to get on the phones and take customer calls. I remember when I was like that. But now after 2 years it's just one constant nagging sensation that I am numb to, its not anything I even consciously think about. Just a fact of life.
That's it customers are a fact of life. They have a job to do, we have a job to do. We have complimentary interests and contradictory interests. Its a case of positioning the feet in the shoes.
Anyway, i think its just high time I got pulled down from my comfortable high horse and rebuilt again, reassessed my priorities and just got the fuck on with life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Nice title... Nice.

Anonymous said...

Who shit on your dream? What happened there?