Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Sad Day

Some point 8 months ago I was going to sleep, which I have done many times since however, on this particular occasion I stumbled accross a pile of garbage intermixed with clothes and leapt over my doona which had been left awkwardly the last time I got up. I then read a bit and put my book down on top of an old cereal bowl that now contained my mobile phone.
In doing so I knocked a pile of change onto the floor and like a crystal bullett in the forehead I realised

I cannot look after myself.

I'm incapable, or rather inept.
I also realised at that time if I was going to be dating again I had to do muchos mostest to actually transform my room into a place I would be willing for a girl to see.
It was a lot of work, infact the ratio of time spent cleaning up a room to time spent making a tidy room messy must be something like 80:1 yet a messy room stays messy and takes a long time to get messier so why ever clean anything up?
For at least 3 months now I have been relatively tidy.
But the point is I have met people that find this task, real real easy.
The overwhelming majority of these people are girls, girls who can look at two shirts of seemingly the same substance and say: that one is clean, that one is dirty.
Men who are neat I should qualify as not finding it easy, they usually are hardcore disciplinarians with repressed matricidal tendencies.
Anyhoo mayhaps the import is the reaction to the words neat and dirty.

Maybe some people actually read the sentance this way:

Anyhoo mayhaps the import is the reaction to the words neat and dirty.

But I would read it more like this:

Anyhoo mayhaps the import is the reaction to the words loser and fun.

Is it any wonder I throw tantrums cleaning my room.

I don't want to be a loser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too late Tohm, too late.



-Parky