Saturday, May 06, 2006

Chizmolackin

Last night I was at some dude I don't know's birthday party at the queensberry and I said to my friend when we stood in the empty dance room which had a disco ball in every corner 'this is what it's like in my head all the time.'
I don't want to sound like das uberman or any thing but there's probably three-four times a year where I'm actually bored because my head is all glitter on the inside. Generally I get bored when something is holding my attention that I can't space out from, like a performer that has me trapped in a small place.
My ex gave me a book for a birthday or christmas or some shit called 'the outsider' an 'exostentialist' novel about a dude who shoots a guy and is convicted on the death penalty because he fails to show emotion about his mother's death.
Wasn't that a nice aside?
I forget why I brought it up but those of you familiar with the text will hopefully draw lines easier than those who haven't in how I find really mundane experiences quite entertaining. Like those fucking Lipton tea adds with the fucking drops from the tap and dust catching sunlight.
So today I got on a train around 12 and had my trusty black jacket on with it's trustier YKK zip. I had my headphones in and my pocket perfection pants on. I have been hitting 'Peeping Tom' Mike Patton's solo album that was much anticipated by people who anticipate things, pretty hard. I've probably listened to the album 100 times through in a week. The new Tool album was a different story, one too painful to talk about.
So anyway I was plugged in and turned on, a Peeping Tom on the train. Cruising into Flinders St, I walked past Ben Rossi and some girl he had his arm around which was fucking weird because Bryce and I had been talking about him over dinner the night before and neither of us would have seen him inside two years, I assume.
Cruised on through and ordered my Hungry Jacks for lunch. Zen tells us to eat with mindfullness, as in tune in and be aware of the tastes, textures and sensations in eating a food, they suggest you start out with peas. Anyway I forget to do this with just about every food that I eat like an animal except for some reason the Hungry Jack's whopper. It truly is a food sensation in your mouth. Like national coming out day for your taste buds or some shit.
So I did that and loved it. Then cruised up swanston.
I was just going to comment on my ipod when I relised all references to my ipod could be taken as condescending and pase (with that accent thing on the e). Seriously fuck you, ask for one for your birthday. They are great and easy to use and have 90% of the market so I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not and say 'MP3 player' you know Esky is a brnd name? and mp3? fuck you poor arse in your poor arse.
Anyway what I was going to say is that ipod's allow you to soundtrack your lives and I have a playlist I randomly threw together called 'chizmolackin' and I thought as I walked up swanston towards the QV Big W if anything could describe Chizmolackin as a sensation it is how I feel right now.
Complete fucking ease, like a carnal commencement after copious foreplay. Nothing like cruising the streets dressed how you want to be, not how work wants you to be. Listening to something that adds texture to the living gray populated by impressionistic colour that is the streets of Melbourne.
So there you go pure pleasure in the activity that defines ballafornian youth 'going down the street'.
I bought a new Basketball, and started playing basketball with the REW kids. It was a runnaway success and yet another thing that makes me truly great. Maybe I'll start a backyard charity called 'Fun for Foreigners who can't speak english good'.
Peace out contrarians.

No comments: