Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First Day Of School

On my first day of High-school I decided to be cool and walk. I'd also been cool and not gotten the backpack style school bag, but instead the over the shoulder block shaped school bag, which were much cooler. I think in the end I used to wear it like a backpack anyway.
Anyway, I was walking to school, at that point I was just 2 months out of grade 6 and Janice was still picking my haircuts for me. So that wasn't that cool. I had debated for 20 minutes or so that morning whether to pull my socks up or push them down. I couldn't decide which was cooler, they both seemed pretty uncool. They were gray, dark gray with a lightblue stripe and a green stripe. One really has to question who fucking designs uniforms and what the fuck they are thinking, I doubt anyone ever really thinks 'gray, green and blue, a winning combination!' anyway, I eventually decided that the consetinad accordian effect was less cool, and I should just pull my fucking socks up.
Again Janice was forking out the dough for uniforms, which meant unfortunately that my clothes all fit me pretty well, which isn't cool. I was probably anti-home-boy fashion back then, which tells you how uncool I was.
Anyway, I was walking to school, quietly shitting myself because I had no fucking idea what you did in highschool and all that shit, and where the fuck I went on my first day, or what the fuck I should learn.
The high school I was going to was known locally as 'High school' so it was like the original high school in Balifornia, and I was pretty sure I was cooler than my brother for going their instead of the crappy private school he went to.
Anyway, walking along, I was only a block or two into my journey along sturt st. This highschool kid on a bike pulls up, and he calls out to me 'hey! are you new? A year 7 or something?' and I nervously, thinking, here it is, my first beating in secondary and I hadn't even made it into the gates yet. (My other friend got beat up on orientation day), and the kid goes 'Hey man, push your socks down.' and then just rode off.
That was really fucking cool of him. I hope one day I am that cool.

No comments: