Sunday, November 09, 2008

True Genius



Andy Kaufman is I think my epitome of 'True Genius' I mean there is genius, as in regular arse genius. People I'm sure are genius's in there own right, like Einstein - theory of relativity, the entropic effect in brownian motion all that jazz takes some fucking highly geared physics mind to come up with those trippy explanations.
Richard Dawkins - genius, reducing natural selection to the unit of genes, takes keen insight not just to realise that in the first place but to then be able to explain it so easily for all.

But true genius is inexplicable. People whose ability in a given field I am in awe of despite not really getting it.
And so Andy Kaufman - a comic genius I'm fairly certian. His work, increadibly funny. Or is it? What the fuck was going on. Read the comments on any of his youtube clip and you will find he is still loaded up with 'haters' people who think he just totally sucks. And yet...

I'm not sure if he doesn't suck, or if he does. I don't know, I find him hilarious I just don't know why.



or



This is true genius, the man just defies reason. He is somewhere beyond both comic and performance artist.

Other inexplicable true genius I have identified over the years are Mike Patton:



and John K of Ren & Stimpy fame:



John K is possibly the only true genius I would be kind of scared to meet. But a genius none the less.

I shall keep searching, but isn't it amazing that this world can let these guys make something.

No comments: