Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bikes for Christmass

I'm glad that grown up and mature as I am, I can still get excited about a new bike, my new bike is very exciting.
It is smooth like butter, a slimming black motif with carbon front forks, shimano everything apart from the handlebars and seat. A shogun Mach 3. Headwinds and hills are of little concern to me now. Now I am the most powerful cyclist in the world. And instead of maintaining an online presence this weekend I've spent most of the weekend breaking it in, like a fine steed.
Some things that annoy me as a cyclist though:

1. Pedestrians who walk in zigzags or three abreast.
2. Those tourist buses that clog up swanston st.
3. People who just jump out of their cars without looking at their rearview mirror.

When I bought my new bike a sales staff member with broken teeth elaborated on just how painful number 3 is.
Now I got a fast awesome, explosive bike though I noticed the presence in St Kilda of the regular road racers, and came to the following startling conclusion:

whilst the majority of car drivers are not fuck heads some are, similarly whilst most cyclists are not fuck heads some of us too are. One could conclude reasonably that the population just seems to have a fixed % of fuck heads that have to be allowed for no matter what transport they are on.

No comments: