Friday, January 30, 2015

I'll Be Ready In A While

Adventure Time's episode 'Infinite Train' is worth watching in and of itself. It captures something universally human yet little addressed. The desire to waste time, lost in something utterly useless.

I've wasted maybe two weeks, but as of this writing I feel like I have saturated that desire. And I mean saturated, there's a self-terminal feature of all escapism. It doesn't make you happy, but it's not like the pressure builds up to the point when you boldly declare 'enough' just one day you find you want to deal with things.

Today is that day for me.

In the meantime I caught up on all of QI, watched a bunch of movies, caught up on Would I Lie To You and clocked 2 video games and today I found myself with no desire to go look at entertainment. I just plan to work.

I think what gets lost is that many, if not most, problems are simply transitional. Shit just seems to hit it's limits and stop a lot of the time, and attempts to identify a causal chain then try and optimise that causal chain into decision rules to be expounded on others are at best ineffective and worst counterproductive.

Patience is a virtue.

No comments: