Sunday, September 07, 2014

Natural High

Last Tuesday I'd been listening to the Butthole Surfer's 'Pepper' a lot and switching between that and Voodoo Child by Hendrix. Ah those songs they set my mind on fire, and make me feel alive. Then I had to go out, and the weather was nice and I was coasting down studley park road reliving those songs in my head and I realised I was high.

A natural high, that shit is real. It was like the onset of drunkenness without the spongy fatty layer between you and reality.

It was ridiculous, but it can be done. It is possible to just feel really really good, by yourself. Just live in a way that occassionally releases a potent combo of reward chemicals into your brain. Yet it's an experience so lucid, you remember it afterwards, you aren't left with an overwhelming desire to chase that feeling again. It's kind of there.

No comments: