Sunday, June 01, 2014

A Simple Concept

For the past I dunno, 5 days, I've been making my bed.

It's a huge turn-around for me. Prior to this almost-week-long stint, I really only made my bed when I changed the sheets. In between (and almost certainly, too far in between) it was really just this crumpled thing I got in and out of. And it's been that way for years. I can't remember the last time I made my bed for a reason other than to make sure my doona was properly in it's cover.

I basically just viewed it as a waste of time, time I never get back.

Then last week at work and bored, I read this Navy Admiral's speech to new recruits where he said 'if you want to change the world, start by making your bed. You will have accomplished the first task of the day.' and being highly suggestible, I basically started doing it.

The productivity gains I am yet to see, but that is probably more explained by my post exhibition strong desire to productively rest up. Which I'm not achieving either.

But it's strange. I sleep better, or have been. Not just because all is right in my world, but because my covers don't stray far. My comfort level sleeping has increased and become more consistent. 

No comments: