Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yet Even More Epiphanies

I had the realisation that you help nobody when you have a relationship based on guilt. Or guilt as a motivator. Kind of like when a relationship hits that 'trying to make it work' stage, and its just awful. You can't fake love or whatever.

In a semi related matter I've been using youtube to listen to songs I don't have. One thing I would do if I was supreme overlord of the world is just get rid of youtube comments. Watching Peeping Tom's live performances, the sicophantic comments make me throw up a little in my mouth:

'...as I Mike Patton fan I'm still objective, because that's what he asks from his fans.' n shit. And these are the comments that agree with me. So if people who share my viewpoint make me sick, I feel really we should get rid of it completely.

It's kind of like the Southpark episode where Jim goes undercover into the Ku Klux Klan and convinces them that because everybody hates them, they should support the flag change. Sometime it's nice to be backed up, but othertimes it's a liability to be backed up by somebody negative.

It's the negativity I am done with, tired of it. On friday I wrote a post about a character trait I found ugly, and a few hours later I deleted it. This reaction is good but not as good as not having spent my time writing something negative in the first place.

There are two dogs fighting in all of us, one called 'hate' and one called 'love' and do you know which dog wins that fight? The one you feed the most.

That is the crux of it all, I am done feeding my hate, my sister told me off for railing against hipsters and their apathetic music, and she's right. I couldn't handle being mainstream and current fashions remove most men from competing in my niche, so really I should feed the positive of the hipster situation.

So too, with any situation that fosters negativity, I am just going to avoid them as positively as I can. I know there are times when it is appropriate to bitch and moan and complain. There are times where conflict is constructive, but for now I'm just going to roll with being positive, till my love dog is morbidly obese - oh, that sounds like a disgusting euphamism.

No comments: