Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Congratulations to P-Double, The Truth, Paul Pierce

I gotta say, I always liked Paul Pierce, and to go from being stabbed like 11 times at a nightclub for hitting on some dudes sister (someone has to hit on the sisters man) to holding Finals MVP aloft in the first Championship Celtics team in 17 years or something must be pretty special indeed. I confess the marathon runner in me was rooting for Kobe and Co, and Phil Jackson you have to love like 10 x more than Doc Rivers who strikes me as the coach who's manager bought him a championship team more than the team got a championship coach.
Not to detract from anything or anyone, I just see Kobe as having a tilt at a personal dynasty, someone who can wash the bland taste of Tim Duncan out of our mouths for many years to come. I bet that boys semen doesn't even stink, or stick for that matter. So I kind of wanted to see Kobe start a tilt at four this year, but once Celtic got 3 up it became too cruel to want Kobe to take it away from them after putting the taste in their mouths.
So congratulations to Paul Pierce, Garnett, and even Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo and the center that didn't get to play because of injury. At least NBA doesn't do something as fucked up as not give medals to players that didn't play on the day like in AFL.

No comments: