Thursday, April 22, 2010

Next Week...

I'm making the commitment now that next week I am going to do something different with my blog.

I'm going to write some fiction.

Some terrible, bad fiction. I always struggle with fiction, I never seem to be able to find a characters voice namely. All the characters seem wooden to me, and I just can't get scenes to flow and well I'm terrible.

I find I can work at the conceptual level, I have great ideas (I think...) I can just rarely execute, which is why I've traditionally gravitated to writing in the comic and film medium. No need to describe shit in a non-clinical non-dull way.

Anyhoo, I'm not going to get better by A) not writing and B) not showing people and not getting feedback.

So next week I will start writing a throwaway romance called 'Dickwad' (I was going to just call it date-night, but then that movie came out). Then each 'chapter-thing' will be followed by some feedback questions. If I get one comment (answering a feedback question) I will write another chapter and then just see where it goes. No feedback, no point, may as well just write it in my word.doc at home and leave it on a harddrive as practice to be canabilised.

Alright, let's get this party started...

No comments: